Friday, May 8, 2009

New House


After years and years of renting in expensive places and moving around, we are finally ready to settle down and buy a house! We are thrilled to finally call a place "our's" and be able to do the changes/fixes we've been itching to do. We found a great place in Saratoga Springs and while the commute will be a little longer for Jeff- we are excited to be in a peaceful neighborhood with a lot of young families. While I wasn't the biggest fan of us moving here, I know it was the best thing for our family and I can't deny how well everything has fallen in to place. We are crossing our fingers for a smooth escrow and can't wait to start moving (after moving a million times, it will feel really good to know we won't be doing it for a LONG TIME)! We've got our work cut out for us for the next few years and we are pretty darn excited about it!

Mia was so cute when looking at houses, she kept saying, "Mommy, let's get this house!" Mac- on the other hand- was usually crying ;) He really is getting better and better everyday and turning into a sweet/happy boy!

8 comments:

Clare said...

I am so excited for you! A new house and a nice neighborhood will be so great! I can't wait for the day I can afford to get my own place too! Good luck with the move!

Trevor and Holly said...

Congratulations!! How fun, it is really fun to have a place that is yours and you can do what ever you like to it!! I am so happy for you, I will have to come and visit!! I still need to return your call, when is a good time of day for you? Miss ya!!!! P.S. When you get moved in I want to see pictures of the inside!:)

Brianne said...

How exciting! Getting a house of your own is one of the best things ever! It's so fun. This looks like a nice one too. It's also nice to get situated somewhere and stay there for a long time with your friends, neighbors and ward. I'm excited for you! Congrats! Hey did you get my email about last week? So sorry. Let me know when you want to get together. I want to see you soon...I know you might be busy with moving and such so maybe next month?? Email me!!

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting and I'll bet you will ALL love running around that huge space together. Good luck with your move-- I hope Jeff won't be doing it all alone! :)

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful house! Congrats! It's such a wonderful feeling to have a place of your own. I can't wait to see pics of how you decorate it, you always do such cute things! Have fun!

Steph said...

Nice place! I'm so happy for you guys that you can finally settle down for a bit and paint your walls!! How exciting. :)

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

How exciting and fun to have a new house to have your family grow in.

Leyous said...

Nice house, it looks tilted in the picture though, i guess as long as you feel that you beds are tilted , then its fine. But its a lovely house, it is next to water or what's behind it? just curious!