Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our trip to San Diego....Why did we move?!?!?


We spent the last week with Jeff's parents and his brother, Nathan (along with my dear friend and sister-in-law, Jessica and our adorable nephew Andrew). We had such a great time spending time with them at the beach, Disneyland, SD Wild Animal Park, swimming at the resort and more time at the beach. Mia loved getting to know them and loves her cuz Andrew! We had a little time to spend with old friends from home, church and work and we are sooooo homesick for our old life (we went to In-N-Out sooooo many times!!) I thought it would be fun to go back, but figured it had been long enough that it would feel "different", but I was wrong! Not to say that we are not grateful for the way our life has turned out and we have SO enjoyed living close to my family, but the SUN felt soooooo nice after these long winter months!!!

(don't you love her chubby little thighs!!)
Mia loved the beach and waves and even stood up on her dad's surfboard (with a little help, but she's better than I ever was).



My morning sickness was even less noticable on the trip, and returned when I got home :(.
Jeff had a great time surfing with his brother, Nathan, and our nephew, Justin! We wished it hadn't been stormy during the middle of the trip, but they squeezed in a few trips and although there was a shark attack less than a month ago (yikes) they still couldn't get enough. There were even some dolphins playing in the waves with them on the last day.

It will take me a little while to sort through and upload our pictures from the trip, but I'll get them up here eventually!

5 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

We're glad you are back. What a fun trip, and you look amazing! Mia is so cute in all the pictures. It looks like you had a great time! But who wouldn't have fun in San Diego, it is such a fun place to be.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

How fun! Mia is a doll! I want Mia's swimsuit in my size, it is so cute.

Janee said...

I love the pics! Mia is SO cute!

Leslie said...

Sounds so fun! My family actually just got back from a California Disney vacation - we were probably there at the same time! We did San Diego about 9 months ago so we stayed in Anneheim, but it was SO SO fun! We got rained on a couple of days, and tried to go to the beach, but it was freezing! I'm glad you felt well during your trip -- I wasn't as lucky :).

rafferty's said...

we miss you Matthew, Maria and Grace