Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I forgot what it was like to be pregnant....


Many of you noticed my baby countdown....yes, we are expecting baby number two! We are very excited and were hoping for this. We are thrilled for Mia to have a little sibling. She is such a sweet little thing and loves to take care of her stuffed animals and dolls. I was packing for our weekend getaway and she kept coming in and taking one diaper at a time out of the room. When I was finished, I went out and found her laying them on her Hello Kitty, Coco. It was so cute! She loves to carry her around, dance with her and is the best snuggler. She kept trying to put clothes on her and is now wearing Mia's old pajamas. We are so lucky to have such a little sweetheart for a daughter. We know she is going to be the best Big Sister!

I've been told that you forget what it is like to be pregnant (so you'll want to get pregnant again). I remember the morning/evening sickness, but I definitely forgot how tired and grumpy I get! The strong smells and nausea are something else, too. Poor Jeff and Mia! I have found a little comfort in the Unisom/Vitamin B6 combo, but then am really groggy all day. Throwing up has been a little less than the first time, but I keep telling Jeff that if we have more kids- then we are adopting them!

I know I only have 7-8 more weeks of this and then I'll be golden!! I had my first Dr. Appt. today and was able to see our little baby bean with a heart beat. It was very exciting!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations Lisa! That is so exciting! Good luck with the yucky "morning" sickness.

Brianne said...

Congrats!! I remember what I felt like, well mostly remember, and I'm not looking forward to having any more...You're brave. Good luck and I'm glad that it is better this time around. I'm excited for you!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Lees!! That is really exciting! Mia will be the best big sister!! Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon! :)

John and Jada McFarlane said...

We are so happy for you! How exciting! Mia is going to make a great big sister.
Your trip looked like it was so much fun, and thanks for posting the info about the giveaway!

Brandi said...

OOOOOOOOOH!!!! Congratulations! That's awesome. You know women actually have chemicals in our brain that make us forget what it was like to be pregnant and give birth. We'd better or no one would do it more than once. Seriously!!

Keep updating your blog about the wee one. I love looking at all your awesome pictures. Also...there is a house next door for sale. Are you sure you don't want it? JK. :) We miss you guys.

Katie said...

Congratulations, I am so excited for you and Jeff.

Maegan said...

Happy baby #2! I love the pics of the doll with diapers on it. My girls love to take care of their dollies. How many months apart will your two kids be?