Monday, April 7, 2008

This is Bliss

It has been hard for Jeff and I to adjust to the Seattle area (mainly the weather), but after a great weekend we can now say, "I could live here forever." Who knows what life will throw our way, but we love the charm of the different little cities and the general low key attitude that is felt here. Plus, now that the sun is coming out more we find any excuse to get out!

After some inspiring General Conference talks...Jeff packed a lunch and the Xterra with blankets, the stroller, my rollerblades and his long board (surfboard? No! He wishes! It was his skateboard). We headed to West Seattle and parked at the boat launch on Alki Beach. After some yummy sandwiches, snap peas and blueberries we got our gear together and took off down the sweet boardwalk that has the best view of downtown Seattle. (And yes, my husband is nearing 30 and still rides a skateboard. If you saw the smile on his face you'd swear he was 15 again.)


As if this wasn't a perfect day already...we drove through the cute "beach town" and found the nicest little park on the water. We saw a little swing and had to stop!

Mia had a great time running around, petting a few dogs and riding on her daddy's shoulders. We decided this was our new favorite spot and will have to come back often.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a wonderful day!! Alki beach is a great getaway place! There is a yummy little fish n chips place that we like to visit, right by the beach! Sunfish Seafood, you will have to check it out next time!

Steph said...

You are preggers?! I just noticed the little countdown on the side there. How did I miss this?! Congrats! I'm so excited for you. :)

Janee said...

What?! You're preggers! CONGRATS!

Isn't it wonderful when the weather starts to warm up and realize you don't live in a horrible place after all? I go through the same cycle every year in Lansing - once the weather warms up, it such a great place to be!

Unknown said...

Lisa! Congrats on the pregnancy. I saw the countdown thing on the side. How are you feeling? Mia is so cute! I love the pics of her in the swing! Hope you're doing good!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Hey Lisa,
How exciting baby #2! I love the count down ticker. It makes it easier for us busy moms to keep track. I bet Mia will be the best big sister and such a help too. Give yourself a hug and don't forget that icecream is a major food group during pregnancy.

Nicole Stenzel said...

Okay so I saw on your blog that you are pregnant! Crazy because I had a dream the other night that you were pregnant! Congrats to you and so many freaking others that are pregnant now! I hope you are feeling great and are loving life right now. Maybe if I make my way up there I can come visit. Life is just nuts around here.

I started to work at Allyse's Bridal and my husband is maning out company. But the busy season just ended at work and I should have more time to just do things! Anyway, again congrats on the baby announcement and I hope everything is as smooth as you want it to be!

Leslie said...

Hey Lisa,

This is Leslie Merideth from Central Valley. I don't know that you'll remember me, but I thought I'd say Hi. I've been a blog stalker for a while so I thought I better make myself known :). I found your blog on Jenny's. I love your baby bibs and aprons and I'm planning on getting one for my brother's baby -he's having his first girl in August! Anyway, congrats on the pregnancy and I hope you're okay with me checking in once in a while! You have the cutest family!