Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In A Strange Turn of Events...


Everyone knows how difficult it is to move to a new place and start from scratch. When we moved from San Diego it was just starting to feel like home (that only took about 5 years). Well, here we go again...

We were very excited to move to Seattle and I have always wanted to make it back to the Northwest. The rain/gloom was tough on us, but the beautiful summers along the Sound are very rewarding. We've loved living near my sister, her husband and all of her kids. We also enjoy seeing my family in Spokane quite frequently.

Jeff has been working for Big D Construction (based out of SLC, UT) and his project Washington Square -in Bellevue- is wrapping up. We will be moving to the Salt Lake area this fall! It was hard for me to accept, and I lived in denial for as long as possible. We know this is where we are supposed to go and are looking forward to living near Jeff's family again. I can't say I thought I'd end up back in Utah (no offense to anyone who lives in or is from Utah) but I thought we'd be here for good. I am glad that many of our friends and family live in the area and know that will help us transition smoothly.

We are extremely excited for affordable living, too!! FINALLY!

We will be moving a couple of months before baby #2 is due- which means I will be useless to Jeff as a moving partner (yay- for me).

I guess we'll have to take up snowboarding and start hiking!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Fun! You'll have to visit us, we live in Draper!

Brianne said...

Woo Hoo!! You'll be moving down here...I'm so excited. I would love to see you again cousin!! If it makes you feel any better I never thought I would live in UT at all, but I've been here for over 8 year now...crazy how life works that way. Do you know where in the Salt Lake area you are going to be looking at living in??

Brandi said...

I didn't know Jeff works for Big-D! They are all over the place here. Our neighbor (across the street) works there too. Random. Maybe you should buy the house next door to us so they can carpool. Just a thought. :)

I'm sorry you have to move again--especially away from somewhere as cool as Seattle. Ugh, I hate moving. Good planning on being prego during it. :) We are very excited to see you though. Yippee. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help the transition go more smoothly. We were going to try to visit you folks in September (Levi's brother is getting married to a girl from there), but maybe you'll be here by then.

Nicole Stenzel said...

I AM SOOOO EXCITED! You, Kel, Me and the two Megs can hang out!!! Oh I cannot wait. Let me know if you need any help!

Love ya!
Nicole

Lindsey said...

Wow Lees, what news!! Well I am excited for you guys but I will also miss you!! Its been fun living close to you again. We will have to get together sometime soon before you go.
I am jealous however of the house prices in Utah compared to here. We still aren't in a house!!! Oh well, soon hopefully!
Let me know if I can help out in anyway with the move!

Megan said...

YAY! I was catching up on your blog after I left you that comment...hehe...guess you'll be in the neighborhood. We'll have to have a Spokanite get together!

PS I'm not a ton of help but I have a husband who is a PRO at moving furniture and other heavy things so let me know if you need him...If you want someone to hang out with or a referral to a great OB I'm your girl!