Monday, July 28, 2008

So Happy Together


Jeff and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on 7/20. I can't believe how long we have been together! Time has gone by so fast and we've had so much fun. I also can't believe I found such a good guy at a young age (and being LDS- everything happens so quickly, too). It seems like yesterday we were neighbors in Chatham Town saying hi to each other in the parking garage or waving at each other through our kitchen windows...

Now here we are with baby number 2 on the way and a past filled with a lot of playing and becoming even closer than we'd ever imagined. Jeff and I work so well together, that it is scary. I can't imagine having a closer friend or better husband. Once we had Mia, I feared that our whole world would revolve around her and the dynamics of our relationship would change. I am relieved to say that- after some adjusting- we've managed to find "the balance". Our alone time together only comfirms what a great team we already are and how that helps us be better parents.


We were able to spend the weekend on our own. We went out to eat and cruised the mall before our late night movie. The next day we rented a canoe down at UW campus and paddled across the lake to Washington Park Arboretum. There were lily pads and ducks everywhere- not to mention the lush green landscape that is synonymous with Seattle. It felt like we were on a Disneyland ride through a rain forest. It was very fun and romantic (if you ever get a chance to do it, I highly recommend it). After that we strolled Univeristy Village, we haven't enjoyed shopping like that since we first got married.





4 comments:

Nicole Stenzel said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you to come down here. I am looking forward to hanging out with your family and getting to know Mia! It is nice when you find the right person in your life that makes you exactly who you want to be. And nothing in the world can take that away. Congrats again and hope that there are a million more with the years to come.

Megan said...

Congrats Lees! That's awesome. It all starts to go by so fast, doesn't it? Thanks for your comment!

You are a busy lady! How is the NW treating you? Being a mom has it's ups and downs keeps me busy and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Anyway, I hope yo see you soon. Let me know if you are in Utah. BTW we are in Tooele (two-ill-a).

Liz Taylor said...

I can't believe it has been that long! I love ya and glad you are having the time of your life!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. 6 years! Congrats. Oh and I am so happy for you guys and your upcoming baby boy! It is so much fun to have one of each!